As news of a Lanvin + H&M collaboration spread like wildfire, I was cautious not to believe the hype too fast. The mystery video and social media shenanigans seemed a bit too gimmicky for me.
But after sniffing around and asking a few questions, I am now unashamedly kid-in-a-candy-store excited about the partnership.
- lber Elbaz, artistic director of Lanvin, says this will not just be another “dress for less” big-time-label-meets-mass-retailer collabo.
- It arrives in stores just ahead of the holidays (November 23), offering more look-at-me-in-my-Lanvin (for H&M) photo opportunities at Christmas.
- This is no regular brand. Lanvin’s been around since the 19th century and is based in Paris. (Ooh-la-la.)
- It’s a menswear and womenswear effort, so there’s a little something for the girls and the guys.
- H&M will provide a November 2 sneak peek of the collection; i.e. an entire two weeks to pre-determine your favorite looks for immediate and swift purchase on November 23.
Just one thing, however, H&M. How much will the young, fabulous and broke have to shell out for this esteemed collection? We wait patiently.