The red carpet I spent weeks anticipating finally happened on Sunday evening in Los Angeles.
And I think it’s pretty safe to say that the Nokia Theater L.A. Live was full of plenty style surprises from the American Music Awards guest list.
With that said, here are 10 must-mention fashion observations I can’t help but share.
Plus, keep reading for loads of pics.
- If you don’t like the lacy look, get used to it. If this red carpet is anything to go by, it’ll be around for a while.
- The same goes for mesh…It was everywhere!
- Oh…and feathers, too!
- Rihanna’s toned down hair? From scorching scarlet to a milder type of cranberry? Love!
- Nicki Minaj’s look must have been a nod to her native Trinidad’s Carnival. Wild! But I’m seriously wondering how she managed to sit in it.
- Willow Smith looked like one cute present wrapped in a yellow bow. With this type of style ID at nine years old, I’m curious to see what she’ll be doing at 16.
- Katy Perry in Badgley Mischka was so understated and un-Katy but it doesn’t matter ’cause I loved it! And it was pink!
- Kelly Osbourne’s little black dress showing off her recently acquired wow-worthy hourglass figure definitely makes me want to eat whatever she’s eating. Amazing!
- P!nk, having recently announced that she’s pregnant, is one hot mama I’ll be watching in the style department.
- And speaking of moms, Jada Pinkett-Smith was gobsmackingly glam in gold. Who’d believe she turns 40 next year?!