Sure, I might have pledged to be more of a frugalista in 2013. But I’m still keeping a close eye on luxury.
Enter Louis Vuitton and the A/W 2013 collection presented in Paris this morning.
It was minimalist and mesmerizing.
Marc Jacobs juxtaposed menswear tailoring and super-feminine silhouettes and remixed the iconic Louis Vuitton handbags we’ve come to know and love.
Not a bit of Monogram or Damier appeared. Instead, the Pochette Accessoire, the Lockit and the Speedy got a makeover with luxe textures such as marabou, horn, precious stones, curled goose feather, mink and waxed crocodile.
Brow raising, perhaps. But purveyors of luxury are sure to be delighted as much as animal activists are to react.
I, too, had many delightful moments as I watched the 11-minute presentation.
Here are 10 things that tickled my fancy, along with my favorite looks from this morning.
- The set: a beautiful boudoir with elegant wallpaper and bold doors
- Soft feminine silhouettes paired with strong menswear tailoring
- Daring elements: a little leg, the occasional midriff-baring look and sheer fabrics
- Just enough sparkle, shimmer and lace to appeal to my girly nature
- The shoes: elegant sandals, with sky-high heels and my favorite, the ankle strap
- The dominating deep-red lip in every makeup look by Pat Mc Grath
- Super-sharp V necklines
- Subtly sexy slip dresses
- The über-cool belting technique
- The just-right palette: not too shocking, not too solemn
Photo credits: Ludwig Bonnet / Louis Vuitton Malletier 2013