It’s the morning after Christmas in Barbados. It’s raining but beautifully warm outside, and it’s time for breakfast.
Today, I want pancakes–with a tropical twist; a pineapple-coconut version comes to mind.
This time, though, the pancakes will be perfectly round without me toiling away in the kitchen. Why?
Because I’ve discovered the most amazing hack.
A hack so good, it would be downright selfish not to share it: cookie cutters.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for nailing it.
1. Make sure you have everything you need. – a round cookie cutter
I’ve got the Wilton Nesting Circles Cookie Cutter Set
– cooking spray
I used PAM original cooking spray
– pancake mix
If I don’t have time to make it from scratch, I use Hungry Jack.
2. Preheat your griddle (a medium temperature is fine). Spray it and your cookie cutters evenly with cooking spray.
3. When the griddle is hot enough, place the cookie cutter on it. Pour the pancake mixture within the edges of the cookie cutter.
4. Wait for the tiny air bubbles to appear. That’s a sign your pancake is cooking nicely.
5. Remove the cookie cutter to reveal your perfectly round pancake.
If it was well coated in cooking spray, it should glide right off. Be careful, though. The cutter does get a little hot while it’s sitting on the griddle.
6. Flip your pancake, allow the other side to cook and voilà!
7. For a fun stack, use varying cookie cutter sizes and add your favorite topping.